Influencing Trees

Every year, like clockwork, starting the evening of October 31st and really revving up throughout the day on November 1st, us mortals are subjected to the extreme competitive sport of which online personality can put up their Christmas tree and decorations first. Who will show they have the earliest Christmas spirit (which will hopefully translate into huge holiday revenue)? It is the most boring competition one can witness.

To be fair, I also love Christmas decorations and Christmas trees. I have read many online personalities saying they put them up so early because it's so much work and they love the decorations so much they want to enjoy them as long as possible. Confusingly, these are the same people who tear everything down by 9:00 p.m. on December 25. But that's a totally different competition.

I do not want to be a negative Nellie about Christmas because I love Christmas. I have been watching Christmas movies since the summer as I find them relaxing and easy. But, I also think the online surge towards Christmas has a lot more to do with getting those holiday sales versus an actual love of the holiday. How can you promote your Christmas merch and gifts with a Thanksgiving tablescape? In order to sell more you need to immerse yourself in a Christmas environment. This allows online personalities to find the spirit of Christmas giving and taking of your money.

I would like to unsubscribe from this competition. The last few months of the year are always a blur to me. We move from school starting through Fall, to Halloween and Thanksgiving, and then onto a month-long celebration of Christmas and New Year's. On January 1, I am craving a slower life. While I can do nothing about how fast the holidays move, I can do something about living in the moment. I want to enjoy Halloween for what it is. I want to enjoy November 1 as the day after Halloween and not as the start of Santa's Workshop. 

If you feel the same, just remember you don't need to compare yourself to these Influencing Trees.You can celebrate the holidays however you want. Watch Christmas movies in the summer. Listen to Christams music all year round. Wait to decorate the day after Thanksgiving. Enjoy the holidays in the way it works for you. 

Comments

Popular Posts